Powered By Blogger

Friday 22 March 2013

Gadgets/widgets

 
 I was puzzled and asking myself many question about Gadgets and widgets and its relatioship with library and information users.On how it assist the users was vague to me until I came with this piece of information that I would like to share with you?I gadgets

Gadget refers to computer programs that provide services without needing an independent application to be launched for each one, but instead run in an environment that manages multiple gadgets.
Further information: Google DesktopGoogle GadgetsMicrosoft Gadgets, and Dashboard software Apple Widgets
 It denotes what other technological traditions call GUI widget—a control element in graphical user interface.In computer programming, a widget (or control) is an element of a graphical user interface (GUI) that displays an information arrangement changeable by the user, such as a window or a text box. The defining characteristic of a widget is to provide a single interaction point for the direct manipulation of a given kind of data. In other words, widgets are basic visual building blocks which, combined in an application, hold all the data processed by the application and the available interactions on this data.




2 comments:

  1. Very interesting about the gadgets and widgets. So how do I get some of them for my blog or do I already have some on my blog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do my searching on widgets and gadgets then I select gadgets that I thought is related

      Delete