Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 14 May 2013

QRcode and theme

I had difficult week, trying to come up with a theme. All had work on last week was wrong, I had look at UWC library. The list that I created was not gelling. At last I am going to look at Electronic Thesis and Dissertation. I had selected 5 departments and look the purpose why do I need to create a QR code for those E-thesis and would the going to benehe user.

When I look the purpose of E-thesis , there are similarities between ETD and Open Access
Advantages of Electronic Theses
There are many advantages associated with electronic thesis and dissertation (ETD) submission:
Increased access to research:
  • Greater exposure to and availability of graduate research
  • Available in full text to potential employers and other researchers
  • Are accessible from anywhere at any time
  • One ETD can have multiple users simultaneously
Cost and space savings:
  • No need to print, copy and bind paper theses; digital copies are much cheaper to produce than traditional paper bound versions
  • Do not need storage space in libraries
Additional advantages:

No comments:

Post a Comment